Sunday, November 19, 2006

My Ride

Some of you may remember my cycling prowess from UNC days, when I regularly flew around the countryside, either in training or racing, attired in form-fitting silky sleek spandex.

Now that we've moved to Edmonton, things surely have changed, and because of my trusty racing steed's adversity to snowy, icy roads, I have had to store her away for the winter in favor of a more stable, slower version of two-wheeled transport.

But before you laugh at my having had to take a downgrade not only in speed, but also in sexiness (admit it, you like spandex, you know you do!), how cool is it that now I get to ride around town on studded tires? So bring it on old man winter, I'm ready for anything now, aww, yeah!

3 comments:

andrew said...

WHAT!!!??? No shock?!

the man said...

Let's see... 5'7" and 125lbs when wet... I'm not sure anyone wants to see you in spandex big, I mean, little guy. Stick with the winter look, much more respectable. WAHHAAHAH!!

#15 said...

andrew: Shocks? This was the $40 garage-sale special, man. You're looking at a vintage mid-1980s machine here!

the man: You turd!