Thursday, October 23, 2008

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

In high school, while rummaging through my parents' closet one day, I found an old camera my mom had gotten from her dad -- on old half-format that was so primitive you had to have a separate light meter to set your aperture/exposure time, a manual focus ring you had to set by measuring (estimating, rather) the distance between  you and your subject, and although it had a jack for a flash, you had to hold it in your free hand because there was no flashmount. I thought it was the coolest little camera and ran around for two weeks taking pictures of everything... until I had to get the film special developed for over 20 bucks, as I remember. Boo! Anyhow, in that two-week burst of photocreativity, I snapped this choice one of mom and dad in their room one evening. I love it!

1 comment:

nana and atom said...

oh i had no idea that that picture was a product of that old camera. in fact, i didnt even know you had this camera in your possession ever. ok, so i don't even know what camera you're talking about, but it sounds dang old.