Sunday, March 01, 2009

Who Knew Letters Meant Something?

I'm going to have to call 2009 "The Year of Letters." Who knew letters meant so much? Suddenly, after Christmas, it occurred to me that maybe I could read scriptures like Ethan does, and I've since made great strides in reading my own verse when we read scriptures each evening. It's slow going, and I still need help with the big words, but I have caught on amazingly quickly to sounding out words I didn't previously know, and remembering them for next time come across it!


I also started piano lessons in February, with my favorite substitute teacher Mr. Weston (who also happens to teach piano). Letters again! Only this time they mean notes on the keyboard. Middle C, G above middle C, G clef, F clef... letters are everywhere! My lessons aren't quite as long as Ethan's (his are 30 minutes long, while I can only manage to sit still for 15 minutes), but still, I love taking piano!

2 comments:

andrew said...

Go Isaac! His lessons must be really short, he's already got his bag on and ready to go! :)

Michelle said...

Good job making use of that piano. I love that they are reading...and freaky that they are getting older (but at least not taller than Auntie Michelle...YET!)