Friday, April 04, 2008

My Work

So for those of you who are wondering what I do as an oral and maxillofacial surgery resident, here's an example -- this is a couple of photos I took on my phone in the OR quite some time ago -- the two guys operating in the background (far left) have just harvested a leg bone (fibula) and associated blood vessels, and the two guys sitting at the microscope are suturing in the vessels and plating that leg bone to reconstruct a jaw bone (mandible) that was partially resected because of cancer. Cool stuff, eh?

2 comments:

nana and atom said...

wow that's pretty incredible. do you ever feel queasy? in response to your comments on my blog... that "table" is a quilting frame so it's hollow in the middle. it's so you can pull the quilt tight so you can tie it (you should ask annie about it). and the ode to your island... well that was pretty hilarious and completely random.

andrew said...

Even though I know you're a surgeon and all, I still find it hard visualizing you in an OR working on someone....We need pics of YOU working one somebody! :)