Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fall Blues

Summer is over *sniff sniff* -- but what a fun summer it was! Isaac and I spent 5 weeks in Maine staying with mama and yehyeh while Daddy was at Navy Officer Training, which included three weeks of daily swimming lessons and one week at the Bangor YMCA day camp, not to mention numerous outings with mama and yehyeh on the weekends. We got home at the end of July, but still talk about it occasionally even now, two months later. Mama and yehyeh were great -- I hope we can go back next summer!

I'm back in school now -- Gr. 1 at Wines Elementary, and while I really like my teacher, Mrs. Kennedy, I'm not terribly happy about missing out on so much playing time each day, not to mention having 5-10 minutes of homework to do each day! Gr. 1 definitely isn't quite as fun as kindergarten, although we do learn a whole lot more. The holiday season is just about here though -- I can hardly wait!

2 comments:

andrew said...

At least you aren't in school as long as daddy is Ethan! Or Mommy,or Uncle Andrew for that matter (not that my schedule is THAT heavy).

Michelle said...

Well just think, if you develop a taste for school like your daddy does, this could already be the start of a great career!