Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Mom (1947-2008)

LOYAL AND TRUE

All through my life
You were there
Loyal, devoted, true

Hungry, you nursed me
Helpless, you cradled me
As an infant, you nurtured me well

Inquiring, you taught me
Excited, you encouraged me
As a child, learning from you was my joy

Rebellious, you prayed for me
Unrepentant, you chastened me
You were a steady rock in my turbulent youth

Wandering, you anchored me
Unsure, you counseled me
Away from home, you continued to light my path

Impatient, you reasoned with me
Discouraged, you buoyed me
As a father, so often I sought your advice

Now I'm a man
Career and family in hand
And the sure hand I relied on is gone

But I know who you were
I know how you lived
And though I wish so much you were still here

I'll be loyal and true
To the example you've been
I promise my children will know you in me

Mom, I love you
Mom, I miss you
Mom, I'll see you again someday

          - Clarence Tang
























13 comments:

Phannie said...

I am really sorry to hear about your mom. She was a great lady. we will miss her. our prayers will be with you and the family,
love ya'll much,
Stephanie and Marshall
sandmhartley.blogspot.com

the man said...

what a wonderful woman, thanks for so many more pictures! Seeya soon.

andrew said...

Great poem bro! The feelings are the same, but the words don't come. Thanks for expressing it so well for us all. We'll see you soon.

nana and atom said...

that poem was excellent. expressed what we're all thinking. thanks and great pics! love the christopher robin and pooh bear (or mama and james) one :)

Michelle said...

this are awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Kevin said...

She is an exceptional women, someone I look up to. We're praying for all of you!

Saratov Approach said...

My heartfelt and sincere condolences. I'm shocked to hear of her passing. Your mom was a great person.

Anonymous said...

I was saddened to hear about your mother. She will be missed by many.

Sarah Champion said...

Great words, Clarence. So sorry for your loss. You're in my prayers.

Unknown said...

What a great tribute to your mom. So sorry for your loss and please know that we are thinking of you and your family at this time. We loved your mom!

Britt Mitchell said...

Your Mom was the sweetest woman. My heart goes out to you & your family.

Anonymous said...

your words were beautiful, the tears are flowing...

Anonymous said...

Clarence I am alittle slow in finding this. What a wonderful thought that this poem is about your mother. I think of you all so much and of the memories of your mom and dad. Your mom has meant so much to me over the years. I am glad to know that you take your memories with you. What a gift! Missing you all and especially your mom. You are all in our prayers!
Nancy