Saturday, June 21, 2008

Here at last

After a sad parting in Michigan and over a thousand miles of driving later, Ethan, Isaac, and I finally made it to Bangor yesterday evening, where we were greeted by the always-studious mama.


Other than one missed turn, whereby I ended up on I-80 instead of I-90, the trip was long and uneventful, punctuated only by the occasional, "Dad, are we at mama and yehyeh's house yet?" As usual, Ethan and Isaac were great travelers, amusing themselves with toys, food, and fighting. We stayed the first night in Waterbury, CT, continuing on the next day to Bangor, finally making the turn off Ohio Street on to Sunny Hollow Place accompanied by the crescendo of Ethan and Isaac's Chant of Anticipation -- "green car, green car, green car, YAAAAAYYYYY!!!" as they spotted mama and yehyeh's CRV. Upon arrival, Ethan and Isaac wasted no time settling in, promptly taking over Nancy's old room and the rest of the house with their toys, books, bikes, and clothes.




Various friends have wondered if the boys will be okay being left with mama and yehyeh for 5 weeks, but considering one of Ethan's first questions when he saw me come out of the downstairs computer/guest room this morning was, "Dad, why are you still here?" I think they'll be okay. To be honest, I'm more worried about mama anda yehyeh being able to handle two active, noisy boys in the house without going crazy!

Zorro, the yard boy, came by to mow the lawn today, but so far no yehyeh sightings have been reported. Hopefully I'll have a chance to see him before I leave tomorrow morning for Rhode Island!

5 comments:

nana and atom said...

hahahaha. that last picture cracked me up. well i hope they have a great 5 weeks there! i'm sure it'll be fantastic!

andrew said...

hahaha, Zorro the yard boy....hilarious! Good luck in "boot camp"!

the man said...

looks like mom was studying a cook book. perhaps it's a "organic foods you can make with a coffee grinder" cook book.. I dunno..

Michelle said...

Isn't it so like Ethan to ask that type of question? I think mom and dad will be okay.

But for you....Be strong, don't wimp out! 300 situps strong, 100 pushups. I expect to see MEAT on those bony arms when we next meet! Either that or a waterpik in your hand!

Mia said...

Oh man. If we sent Ethan to grandpa's for 5 weeks we'd have to pry him away with a crow bar to get him to come home. But that doesn't mean I'm not jealous!

And congrats on the Navy. We've had several friends go through the program who speak really highly of it.