Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Isaac's Salon

A hairdresser across the way from where I live was offering a one-time "End of the Month" special today -- free haircuts for all siblings 3 years old and under. Well, my hair was definitely in need of some touching up, so I decided to give him a try. After assuring me he had plenty of experience with my hair type, he deftly used a pair of Crayola scissors to trim my left side. I dunno -- the blending job he did wasn't stellar, and the look on mommy's face when she saw his handiwork leaves me wondering if maybe I should have gone to a more reputable establishment (which is, in fact, exactly what mommy's planning on doing with me tomorrow). I guess the old saying still holds true: "You get what you pay for." My instructions for next time an offer like that comes my way: "Thanks Isaac, but no thanks."



3 comments:

andrew said...

Poor Lilly! I guess Isaac is trying to get some experience under his belt early eh?

nana and atom said...

this influx of blog posts is mind blogging. hahhaa. poor lilly. well at least her face is so cute that any hair style would look fantastical! good thing it grows back.

Michelle said...

Lilly, you aren't the only one that week who had a haircutting job gone wrong. My friend's daughter also decided that she could give herself a haircut. It was later described to me as looking like "striped" like a zebra on one side and "mullet-like" in the back. She cried too, but saw a good side to it. Now she could be the boy that her daddy had always wanted to have because now she looked like a boy. I guess if my friend cleverly puts her hair up in pigtails, she is able to conceal the unhappy truth of hair-be-gone.

It'll grow back quickly, you're still a pretty girl!