Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I'm in Gr. 1 Again

You know, it's very exciting for Ethan to be growing up and going to Gr. 1 and all, but I don't like his teacher much. And how would I be expected to like a teacher who assigns me homework every night? Oh sure, she SAYS it's for Ethan, but puh-leese, I know it's just a conspiracy (don't ask me what for -- I just know it is)! So every night I find myself counting up by 1s, counting down by 10s, counting up by 5s, doing number grids and tally marks, counting jellybeans, drawing pictures of elephants (and counting them, of course)... I mean, hello, is all this really necessary?

2 comments:

Candice and Nathan said...

love the photo of you! Does Annie just love the uniform? I can't wait till Rhett has homework, then I'll actually believe he's growing up. Seems my kids have been the same age forever.

Annette Bailey said...

I felt the same way until this year - maybe it IS the homework!

And yes, I love the uniform, and the biceps and the abs... I also love that I get to buy a FORMAL GOWN for the military ball we're going to next month!!!